I have exciting news to announce! October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month and Malcolm and I did just that — adopt a shelter dog!
Meet the one and only Abby, the newest contributor to The Cheerful Times.
Abby is a five-year-old chubby wubby Puggle (that’s a beagle and a pug mix), and is the absolute best, cutest little princess.
- Snuggling humans
- Snuggling cats
- Showing her pudgy belly for scratchies
- Making cute faces
- Her two stuffed toys/dolls
- Sleeping on items that are neither of her two beds
- Forcibly suggesting you pet her
- Soaring through the air onto the couch
- Snoozing on the couch
- 4:30 a.m. sneezing fits
- Falling asleep as you scratch the top of her head, behind her ears, on her chest, tummy, neck…
- Licking the foundation off my nose to reveal its true Rudolph-like complexion
- Frolicking up every driveway and walkway we come across in the neighborhood
- Meeting new people
- Helping put on her martingale for walkies
- Closet doors — those sneaky things look just like a front door, so she waits next to them when she has to go potty
- Berkley, the hound dog at her shelter who ate her favorite toy