Hello, everyone! I am back and better than ever (and apologetic for my absence, as usual).
Life has been pretty hectic over here in Kelsey Land! So many big things have happened since my last post in January, otherwise known as over half a year ago. Before I post regularly again (as if I ever posted regularly), I thought a little update about my crazy whereabouts would be beneficial.
1. I am officially a college graduate! On May 22, 2014, I graduated Towson University with a Bachelor of Science in Mass Communication, concentrations in public relations and advertising, and a minor in Family Science. I’m proud to say I graduated with Honors in the top 10% of my class, with a 3.9 GPA!
I also won an award for “Mass Communication’s Most Promising Student,” which I was beyond honored to accept during an end-of-year banquet.
2. I got a big girl job! After I graduated, I was incredibly lucky to land my first full-time gig. I am an account coordinator for RoseComm, a boutique PR agency in Hoboken. I work with some of the nicest, most talented women in the business, and couldn’t have asked for a better opportunity.
3. On a sadder note, my cutie doggie boy passed away. 😦 Tux, our 16-year-old border collie/chow chow mix, lived a long and happy life with us. When we first adopted him in second grade, all he wanted to do was run away. As our bond with him strengthened, he knew where his home was and that we were his family, and was a loyal, loving companion with a big personality ever since. He even let me use him as a DIY sparkly sunglasses model on this very blog! While I miss him very much, I know he had a wonderful life and isn’t suffering anymore.
4. I have become addicted to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on my 3DS. I figured after my Tuxie bullet point I needed to add something lighthearted! This game was a nice, silly stress reliever at the end of college, and is fun to play on my train commutes home. My town’s name is Puptown, and it’s obviously pretty awesome.
5. And last, I am officially an adult (although #4 may hint otherwise, as well as my toddler-trying-to-sound-like-a-big-girl voice). It’s weird. Once you get out of college, you have to worry about things like finances, places to live, and what you want out of life. You have to try really hard to find a good work/life balance, as well as a good friend/family/self balance. I’m now a slave to HGTV and the Food Network, and find all of their programming fascinating, beneficial, and even inspiring. Of course, I’d still watch a Disney movie over those channels any day — I may be an adult now, but I’ll always be a princess!
So now we’re all caught up. Things have been crazy trying to fit all of my college stuff into my house, only to then eventually move it out into my own place, so I have had less time for fun crafty projects and happiness tips. But I do have a couple of great projects on deck! And once I settle in more, I can think and share more cheerful thoughts 🙂
I appreciate all of you who still frequently visit my little blog despite my absence. It makes me happy knowing my content is still being enjoyed!
So please, fill me in on your lives! What awesome projects have you been working on? Give me tips you’ve found beneficial in your transition to adulthood, or things you wish someone had told you. Tell me about your adorable pets’ antics and share pictures of them! I need to live vicariously through your animal adventures while I go through my pet-less transition.
Thank you so much reading! I hope you have a wonderful day 🙂